Alright y'all, I'm going to be honest...I know it's been a bit since I've done a blog post. Mother's Day, Father's Day and wedding season hit the shop all at once but I made it out VICTORIOUS! We all know that everything piling up at once can get super stressful. One of the most stressful times in my life was wedding planning (can I get an AMEN?). There were multiple times when I had to focus on the end product: marrying my best friend. But let's be honest, every little girl dreams of this day so it has to be perfect... right down to the last napkin or place card. With pinterest as the standard these days it can seem like you are never done with planning and your checklist has multiplied like a cute but vicious rabbit.
For your sake (and your Fiancee and family) I've compiled a list of 5 things to help ease stress leading up to the big day and get your mind off of things even just for a little while ;)
1. Practice your first dance or kiss as husband and wife. This one may sound funny, but if kissing your significant other stresses you out, you probably shouldn't be reading a blog about weddings. Make it a funny rehersal or be serious, just let love happen. If you haven't picked out a song for a first dance yet, make it a game! Pull up Pandora or your music library on shuffle, dance to the first songs that come on and pretend its your wedding song. If it ends up being "Play that Funky Music" then have a laugh and go with it (Note: I am not recommending you actually go with this song by any means. This is just for fun. Kids don't try this at home)!
2. Work on your registry. It's like shopping without the commitment of spending. Most registries also offer a discount on items after your wedding if it's still on your list. We enjoyed going to the store and tweaking our registry when we wanted a date night away from everything. Our favorite place to register was Bed, Bath & Beyond because of how accomidating they were. It made things so much more fun!
3. Write down a list of why you want to marry your best friend. This one can take a sentimental side and funny side. Reflect on what this craziness is all about and give it to your significant other on your big day. Plus, if you're writing your own vows, you can totally pull from this list.
4. Going on a honeymoon? Practice different hair styles/ make up tutorials for your trip. I always feel better when I feel pretty. It's hard not to feel that way after you pamper yourself! We stayed at a beautiful all inclusive resort in Mexico for our honeymoon and when we weren't feasting on room service or beachin' it, we had fancy dinners lined up. I enjoyed getting all dolled up while living the life in paradise! I promise once you watch one Youtube tutorial, you'll find another, and another and another. If one doesn't make sense then move on...this is supposed to be stress free (so if you're like me watching a hair braid tutorial...don't chop your hair off, just move on). Make it a girl's night to add more fun!
5. Go outside! Get some fresh air. Hike somewhere. Go for a run (if you're one of those people, I commend you. I'm only up for an ice cream run). Practice yoga (but don't hurt yourself, you've gotta walk down the aisle soon). Just get out there and do something! As Elle Woods says, "Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy."
Whatever you end up doing to find peace just think that in the end, you're marrying the love of your life. Your wedding isn't the goal, it's just the starting point. Don't stress the little things (no one will remember them but you, trust me!). It can seem like you're drowning in your to do list but remember
When my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the rock that is higher than I. Psalm 61:2